Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter Everywhere, Except Where I Want Him

With the Order of the Phoenix movie out last week and the last of the seven-series books out this Friday, you would think that you'd be seeing Harry Potter paraphernalia everywhere. Wrong. Or at least not in my neck of the woods. I have the privilege of holding a Harry Potter book party on Friday, and yesterday while shopping for cake fixings (oh yes, there will be a cake that looks like Hogwarts) I could not find Harry Potter cups, napkins or plates for the life of me. Meijier, Target, and Party Store USA did not have a single item. I didn't even see many posters advertising the book coming out. However, if you look at the New York Times front page online, there are TWO articles about the excitement of book 7 and possible leaks. It seems everyone is talking about it, but no one is selling anything. How is that possible?

No comments: