Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Apparently Urban Babies Love Opera

Sorry for back to back posts about books, but this really caught my attention... introducing Urban Babies Wear Black! There is a growing realm of punk baby gear and hip baby gear, so why not a book about it too? I suppose. While urban babies may wear cute clothes, I highly doubt that they "love nights at the opera, modern architecture, and fine cuisine" like the book suggests. A screaming baby at the Opera? I'm sure that would go over well. Modern architecture is often hard with sharp edges, I can see urban baby hitting her head on a sharp corner or sliding off some metallic curved sculpture giving herself a large boo-boo. Fine cuisine? You mean green beans, bananas and cereal? Entertaining and with funny illustrations for Mom and Pops but not all that realistic.

No comments: